I saw this post in one of my travel groups, I thought it was funny as I reflected on my desire to travel the world with my daughter and not to make more babies in the mean time. Another awesome, Wandering Mom (check out her blog) informed me that this picture is often circulated by single women, without children, who are basically saying that you can have one or the other, but not both. While the picture did cause a brief chuckle, that is NOT the case for me and my band of Wandering Moms. We have the best of both worlds!
I am EXTREMELY biased, but I can’t think of a better travel partner than a Wandering Mom!
1. We find the best deals! When traveling with multiple people, deal finding is key! The less I spend on my flights and rooms, the better I feel about the money I blow when I arrive to my destination. SkyScanner (flights) and Agoda (hotels) are two of my new best friends!
2. We know how to pack a carryon bag. Perhaps this is a skill remaining from my days of carrying diaper bags, but you are likely to find any and everything you need in my carry-ons! Are you having an Asthma attack? Hold up, I brought my extra inhaler!
3. Actually, we know how to pack, PERIOD. I only take what we NEED and nothing more. (Roni The Travel Guru taught me how to pack)
4. We value down time. I am not going to jam pack a travel itinerary because I understand the value of rest on a vacation. My kid needs it and I need it!
5. We are not going to act up in public. Wherever I feel like I might lose my cool and go slap-off in a foreign land, I picture myself in a Vietnamese jail cell and watching my daughter be whisked away on the back of a motorbike to their equivalent of the Department of Family and Children Services. I immediately calm down and good times are had by all!
6. We get to use the short line in Immigration. Watching others stand in a line a couple hundred deep while I’m being escorted to an agent with no wait is one of the best feelings in the world. (I would put a picture here, but they don’t let you take pics in immigration.)
7. We get to board first! This is where having small children really comes in handy!
If you have a Wandering Mom in your life, consider yourself blessed if she invites you along on one of her adventures! (Is my bias showing again?) But please know that she is not somewhere staring at a map trying to decide between travel and having kids. She is more than likely somewhere chilling with her next destination picked, flights & hotels booked, and ready for her next adventure!
Join us for our live adventures @ www.persicope.tv/kiathenaildiva